
I thought I'd take this opportunity to hack into Robyn's email account and post something mushy about her, like she did about me on our 1st wedding anniversary. (By the way, this was the top of our wedding cake, which was preserved in 7 layers of plastic wrapped up in 5 layers of foil for a year.)
Here are a few reasons why Robyn is so incredible. The fact that I get her to be my friend for ever makes me so happy, because she not only does the things on this list for me, but for just about everyone that she comes into contact with.
1. Robyn always cheers you up. Just look at the name she chose for her email and her (ok, our family's) blog--her smile just does that to people, and boy, isn't her smile gorgeous!?
B. Robyn has the patience comparable to mountains.
I can be... well, let's say like an absent-minded professor sometimes, and often complicate or simplify things too much. For example, on our 1st year anniversary, I was in charge of the activity after dinner. Being how I am, I assumed the best and didn't think to call the botanical gardens I was planning on taking Robyn to. We drove half an hour and showed up to find out that the entry to the gardens was closed because of some private party going on there. Oops. But Robyn, in her loving way, just smiled and forgave me patiently for not planning ahead enough. That's just one of about 365 times that first year that Robyn was patient with me.
4. Robyn has a heart the size of Texas. We weren't feeling all that excited about going and helping a new family move in last Friday since we had already done it once earlier that day (there are a lot of people moving in for med school). Robyn, despite having morning sickness and being 4 months pregnant, came and helped out anyways and probably did a little too much that morning. So that night we were debating on whether or not to go, but she decided we should do it anyways. We showed up and lucky for the this new family, Robyn was there to comfort the wife (who was rightfully shocked a little about their new apartment and its smell). Today at church, she thanked me that Robyn came and comforted her, because it was a scary transition. Robyn not only is helping people she just met, but she is a life-saver to all of us that have known her for longer. I have seen many people come to her this past year for comfort and reassurance, and Robyn, being a great friend, is there for them.
5. I just realized that there is no way I could even come close to doing Robyn justice, so I'll stop now and say that those are some of the top reasons why I love Robyn so very much.
Thank you, Robyn!
1 comment:
So cute! I totally agree, Robyn lights up a room with her smile. And I'm SO glad you guys bit the bullet and helped that couple move in that Friday evening... because I was that panicked wife, and Robyn was a key part of my coping those first few days. We already love you guys!
Post a Comment