11.25.2008

Our first visitor! :)

For about the first year of our marriage Mike and I lived in an itty bitty little basement studio apartment. We could make the bed, hang up our clothes, and cook dinner without ever moving our feet. It was that small. And in the bathroom we could flush the toilet, turn on the shower and do our laundry all from one spot. :) It was compact, but we loved that little place. The only downside of living in that apartment was that we couldn't have any visitors. My sister came and visited once while Mike was away at med school interviews, but we never really hosted anyone. Well, now that we're in our new place we can have visitors! Yeah! :) When Mike and I first moved out here we invested in a sofa sleeper so that our visitors would have something more comfortable than the floor. For the past two weeks Mike's father has been flying around the country on business trips. He was kind enough to take a few extra days and come visit us before heading back home. So we had so much fun having Dad Larson here. :) He spoiled us rotten (thanks again dad) and he didn't even complain when I put him to work. :)Here's a picture of us at nursery on Sunday. Dad actually only stayed for a couple of minutes and then headed out to catch his flight out of Chicago. I think he was more than willing to have an excuse not to be in nursery. :) he he he....
So some of you might be wondering what kind of work I made our guest do while he was here. Does this picture clue you in?
It's kinda hard to see, but there's Christmas lights on our house. Now some of you may be saying to yourself "But it's not after Thanksgiving yet? How could you?" Well here's my defense. Since I'm 30 weeks pregnant, there's no way I could climb up on the ladder nor would I trust myself to hold the ladder while Mike climbed up the ladder. So I took advantage of having two Larson men at my disposal and I supervised them while they put up the lights. So we were the first on the block to have lights up, but I'm glad we did it when we did, because yesterday morning we woke up to snow on the ground. Some of it has melted, but I'm glad we got the lights up before we had to deal with the snow.

(By the way, I have no idea why that paragraph was underlined and I can't figure out how to fix it...) :)
So here's our beautiful lights that bring so much joy into my little heart. :) Thanks again Dad and Mike for putting those up for me. :) And thanks to Mommy and Papa Sampson for donating the lights to us when you moved out of your house and into an apartment. :) Anyways. So despite the tremendous temptation to continue putting up Christmas decorations I have restrained myself and I only hope I can make it to the day after Thanksgiving. :) I think it's been incredibly hard this year to wait for a couple of reasons. One, because they had Christmas stuff out in the stores back in September (no joke), and two because we actually have a house (ok, apartment, but it's practically a house). I've decided to hold off on taking pictures of our place until I get our Christmas decorations up, so you'll have to wait a little longer for those. :)

2 comments:

Carrie said...

You go girl! I am all about putting Christmas up early. I figure it is "the holidays". You just as well enjoy the decos for a while. Ours have been up for over a week. PS Congrats on having room for company and even better than having room for company is actually having company!

Chemene said...

You are on the ball. That's so cool. I haven't even thought about getting my decorations out (probably because there's not very many, and they're hand-me-downs). I will work on it, though. It's always fun to have visitors as well.