1.17.2009
Prego...
So the other day I called my brother because I had missed his call. He answered the phone and said "did you have the baby yet?" :) Just about everyone I have called during this past week has asked me some variation of that same question. "Are you in labor yet?" "Any labor pains yet?" "Has your water broken yet?" No, everyone. I'm not in labor yet and our little girl isn't here yet. :) She's still in my tummy (which is really good because it's been bitter cold here lately, and I would be going crazy trying to make sure she's warm enough). Last night I had been eating salted popcorn and thus drinking lots of water to wash it down. Just as we were lying down to go to sleep I said to Mike "I feel water logged." Mike sat up in bed and said "REALLY?! What do you need me to do?!" I rolled over and said "What? I said I feel water logged." He replied "Oh, I thought you said your water popped." :) he he he... Apparently it's on everyone's mind. So just to let everyone know, I'm doing well and our little princess is not here yet. Don't worry, we'll let you know when she decides to come. :) When I went to the OB on Thursday she said I was dilated to a 1 and probably wouldn't go into labor for another 10 to 14 days. So this little one is keeping right on schedule. :) Which is good because she's not allowed to get here until Friday night when my parent's flight comes in (well that's the earliest she can decide to come). :) Hopefully she'll cooperate with the timeline I've set up for her. :) he he he... :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Before I had my first baby, I worked at a bank. Every day the UPS guy would come in and say, "Have you had that baby yet???". And I thought of all these silly things to say back. Like, "I sure did! He's under the table right here!" Or. "Yep. I had him last night and here I am this morning!"
Hang in there. It'll likely get worse before it gets better . . .
Post a Comment