2.17.2009

Robyn's turn

This is Mike blogging, and I am glad you all enjoyed my little half-asleep actions and comments as much as I did. I kept Robyn awake laughing after I burped my knee (and if you haven't read that story, scroll down and read it), so I'm glad I could share the smiles.
Anyways, Robyn has had a few things we've laughed over, and I wanted to again share the smiles.
Yesterday morning Robyn was lying in bed holding her socks, watching me feed and/or change Esther, thinking that we needed to put Esther's socks on. Robyn didn't realize the socks she was holding were her own and that they would engulf Esther's toes and legs up to her thighs if we tried to put them on. There was something really funny that Robyn said after I wrapped Esther up and she was like "aren't we going to pu... oh wait these are my socks!" but it was more funny than that. Sorry, but you'll have to use your imagination.
Also, 2 months ago, we bought a dishwasher thinking that we aren't going to want to wash all the bottles by hand. So we bought a dishwasher, and it has been great, but keep in mind, it was for the bottles. The past few weeks, Robyn's Mom and Papa have been here helping out immensely, including washing bottles by hand (since it was faster). The first day after they were gone, we thought "Ok, let's put the next batch of dirty bottles in the bottle holder thing and then in the dishwasher. That's why we bought it, right?" Anyways, Robyn was a little sleep deprived and ended up spending 15 min or so washing all the bottles by hand while I was making cookies for FHE. Afterward, we both laughed that neither of us stopped to realize we still haven't used the dishwasher to wash bottles!

While I'm posting, I might as well put up some new pictures. Enjoy!

Here's Esther, squirming in her sleep on Valentine's Day, and here's Papa Sampson trying to wake her up (and waking her up is like trying to wake up a teenager! ;)

2 comments:

Faith Sampson said...

How long/tall is she? She looks so tiny in her little Valentine's Day jacket and yet so long with her little legs hanging off of Dad's arm!

Robyn said...

I think she's about 20 inches long now, but she's skinny. :)