8.28.2009

Catching up

I've been receiving requests for updates, so here's a little one.
Here's just a cute picture of our little family. It's actually quite amazing Esther was looking at the camera since it was on a timer. :)

When I lived in Albuquerque I became friends with a fiery red head named Sarah. :) She's really not bad, but I gotta tease her. :) We've been dear friends for the past decade or so and no matter how long it's been since we've seen each other, we are always able to pick up where we left off. :) Definitely a bosom buddy, if you know what I mean. Well last week she came to visit me for 4 glorious days! :) Poor Mike, it was definitely a girls week. :) While Sarah was here we did a LOT of talking, laughing, eating and crafting. :) One of the things we also did was go see the touring production of Phantom of the Opera. :) We decided to get dolled up to go to the theater (a practice that is sadly less common these days...).
The next day we went to the free day at the Milwaukee Art Museum. It's got such an awesome architecture, plus lots of cool stuff inside. :) I seriously could spend days there (that is if I didn't have our baby with us....).
Sarah striking a pose in front of the museum. :)

I love Esther's expression in this one!
Sarah and I contemplating a piece called "Red, Yellow, Blue 2". We didn't get much of the stuff in the modern wing. Mike said he likes modern art because it's so easy to make fun of. :) We much prefer the more classical stuff. :)Esther chewing on her toes, a common occurrence. :)
That night we got Indian food take out. Oh it was so good! :) I LOVE Indian food.


Esther was cuddling up with Mike on the floor, it was so cute, we had to get documentation. :)
And here's some cute (if I do say so myself) family pictures. :)Mike enjoyed his summer research and is doing well being back in school. I wish my summer break had lasted longer, but think that this semester will be a good one (especially since when I'm done with the semester I'll be graduating!). :) Esther's growing wonderfully and we are enjoying each others company. :)

4 comments:

Trina said...

I'm so glad you got to have fun with Sarah. It looked like you had an amazing girls week. Hope you get feeling better.

Jan said...

Where were her kiddios? How fun! I wish I could have been there, too! I remember our GLORIOUS teen years giggling and having the best of times together!!
-Janalee

Robyn said...

Sarah left the girls with her husband. :) Lucky girl. :)

Bidwell said...

i want your purple dress!!!! love ya