11.03.2009
Getting Creative in the Kitchen
This first cake is definitely not my favorite cake. I made it as my final cake for my cake class and I guess I just wanted it recorded. I wasn't originally going to put the roses on it, but we had been practicing making them in class, so I just stuck them on there last minute. I also wasn't going to put the leaf border on the cake, but my teacher insisted I do a border. So I think the roses and the leaves take away from the simplicity of the cake, but oh well. It was a red velvet cake and so it tasted good, even if it didn't look the best. :)
This next cake I made for the birthday party of one of my friend's son, Nathan. He wanted a lightning McQueen cake and I certainly had fun making it. Yes I used a mold. :) When Nathan was younger it was storming outside and he said to his mom "Mom, it's thundering and lightning McQueening outside!" So funny! Nathan is a hoot!
While the men went to priesthood session we had a girls night at our place. We had a bunch of gals over and we snacked and chatted while watching a movie. We were going to watch a chick flick, but ended up watching Muppets Treasure Island. Still a fun movie! Anyways, I made brownies, frosted them and decorated them in fall fashion. :)
And last, but not least is my favorite cake. I made it for a friend's daughter's birthday party. Her birthday was right before Halloween and she wanted a pumpkin shaped cake, and this is what I came up with. I made two bundt cakes and then inverted one and stuck them on top of each other. Mike helped me roll out and dye the fondant that we used for the leaf, stem and vines. When Olivia saw the cake she jumped up and down with excitement. Hopefully it tasted good too. I love how it turned out though!
I have several cakes in mind for the holiday season, we'll see how many I end up making though. I do know that I will be making a monkey cake for a birthday party this month though, so stay tuned for that. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That's why I make cakes and give them away. One of these days I should start charging... :)
Post a Comment