10.21.2010


It's been a while since I (mike) have posted, so here goes!
Esther is figuring out how useful speech is. She is practicing putting words together, so instead of saying "Pea! Pea!" (Please, please), she is saying "Pea bite! Pea bite" when she wants a bite of whatever Robyn or I are eating. And if we prompt here with a "one," she'll say "two, tee, yeah!" since usually on "three" something good happens, like I pick her up, or she gets food.
Robyn is enjoying the fact that it will be socially acceptable to dress up in public next week and has made quite the costumes for us.
Me, I love being a grad student, but it is probably because I am not taking any classes besides a weekly hour long journal club and seminar--it is a nice change from medical school. Plus I get to see things that no one has ever seen before, like this!
No, those are not spaceships, they are cells I over-stained with a fluorescent dye to death-cool, huh?
Actually, I get home from work and I can study or not--it's all up to me how fast I want to get done:)
So here are some pictures, since they are worth a thousand words.

K, the story is I lost my right glove, so I finally got around to making a replacement. I figured less fingers meant less work, and jokingly Robyn said "Great. You lost your Pooh bear glove and made yourself a Ninja Turtle one."

Esther loves Mary Poppins, so we plopped her on the kitchen floor and got stuff done while she chilled (actually, the blanket was there to prevent over-chilling since Wisconsin is starting to get nippy).
Robyn's latest cake--I can only imagine how delicious it was since I was busy with my cells during the party (see picture above for details on how the cells turned out).
Last but not least, here is our baby fish, who we plan on lovingly calling "Lester Larson" (or maybe Chester, and we are debating on adding an "h" to make him "Lesther"). This was a picture Robyn took of Little Lester while she was at an ultrasound workshop. By the way, I was kidding about the names. We are actually going to call him Fester with an "h" and his middle name will probably be Adams or McGillicudday.

Esther and I love Dr. Suess's The Foot Book. We usually read it 3 or 4 times a day.
Even more than books, we love Mom's cooking!

Since I'm a male and there was obviously no theme to this post, I think I'll end it without any sort of closure.

4 comments:

Allison said...

Mike, I love to read your thoughts. I can't wait to see what Robyn came up with for your Halloween costumes and I am so excited for baby Lesther!! :)

Bidwell said...

what kind of ultra sound was that? 3-d?

Robyn said...

yup, a 3-D ultrasound. I did an ultrasound workshop for the medical school. :) Our little guy is well photographed. :)

moreOmandy said...

Cool, the workshop has upgraded since we did it together oh so very long ago!What a cute little Lesther!