3.29.2011

A Thousand Cranes

Like many of you, I look around and see the devastation caused by so many natural disasters and my heart aches. My heart wants to help, but with limited finances and two kids at home, it's hard for me to find a way to help.
I had the opportunity to attend part of elementary school in Bangkok, Thailand. Because of that experience I was exposed to different books than many children who attended school here in the US. I remember reading the book "Sadako and the thousand paper cranes" when I was there. I read it several times and even learned how to make an origami crane because of the book.
I found out today that Oshkosh B'Gosh is hosting a fundraiser of sorts called Cranes for Kids. For every paper crane you make, Oshkosh will donate an article of clothing to the those affected in Japan and the Pacific Rim. Now I can't do much, but I can make lots of paper cranes. So make some paper cranes and mail them, bring them into the store or load a picture onto facebook to help in this effort. Go to the Oshkosh website to learn more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

we read that in school too. love it.