Back in May our relief society hosted an activity called "My Sister's Closet". Everyone from the ward donated things that they no longer needed (clothes, furniture, household items, etc.). These items were brought to the church and sorted and then on the appointed date anyone who wanted to could come to the church and take whatever they wanted from the donated items. It was all free and we invited people from the community too. It was a great activity.
In preparation for this activity I sorted through my closet to pass along the things that no longer fit or that I just don't wear. I realized that I own a lot of skirts and dresses. After I had gotten rid of a bunch of dresses and skirts I still had over 2 dozen skirts and almost as many dresses. So I wanted to see if I could wear a different skirt or dress every day for a month. Guess what? I did it and I still have a dozen dresses still in my closet that haven't been worn this month. :) I would have kept going but today was just a shorts sort of day. :) I learned a few things by wearing skirts and dresses everyday. One is that it is incredibly easy. For some reason I had thought it would be hard to wear a skirt or dress everyday. Looking back I have to laugh at that because I went 18 months wearing a skirt or dress everyday and I survived. One of the reasons it was easier this time around was I didn't have to wear nylons, like I did when I was a missionary. :) Another thing that I learned was that even wearing my most casual skirt or dress, I was still more dressed up than in my usual jeans or shorts I wear in the summer. There's something that happens when a gal wears a dress. At least for me, I felt my mood lifted and I wasn't so down on my appearance. Definitely a good thing. :)
So I suspect I'll be wearing my dresses and skirts throughout this summer. :) I love wearing them! Oh and on days when I wanted to be more active but still wanted to wear my skirt, I just threw on a pair of biker shorts underneath and then I didn't have to worry about flashing people. :)
It's been a fun 31 days of dresses and skirts. I'll have to get a picture of them all, but I just wanted to document this fun challenge I gave myself. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment