6.10.2013

Mad Hatter Tea Party for Robyn's Birthday

My birthday was May 13th and we celebrated the whole weekend before the big day.  On Saturday I went down to Chicago with some friends.  We went to the temple, ate at Chicago Pizza and Oven Grinder Co. (it was delicious!!!!), and walked around the Lincoln Park Zoo.  It was so fun being with friends. :)  I forgot my camera so I don't have any pictures of those adventures.  
When I got back I set up for my Mad Hatter Tea Party.  Everyone was told to wear their best tea attire and to wear their maddest hats.  I also had a bucket of hats and the kids were constantly switching their hats throughout the party.  :) I do have pictures of the set up and party.  :)
Here's the mini cake I made.
 I had bunnies and hats throughout the decor.  :)


 Esther has this perfect little dress and Aiden was my white rabbit (that's a clock he's holding in case you couldn't tell).  

 Some of the spread in the kitchen.
 Very Berry Lemonade served in tea cups (or paper cups for the kiddos).  

 I made mini-cupcakes to match the mini cake. :)

 The cake was red velvet on the inside.  Yum.  :)
Mike's brother, Brian and his wife, Anna, came up from Chicago. The kids LOVE their aunt and uncle. :)

 Some of the Kearl family (our neighbors and GREAT friends).
 My fabulous friend, Emily.  She's expecting her first next month.  Yeah!  :)
 Aiden kept playing with the door saying "I'm late! I'm late!" I wish I had gotten it on video because it was adorable. :)  Look at that face! Melts my heart every time. :)
 The awesome Burdge family.  Great people and up for just about any adventure.  :)
 I found this oversized tea pot and had to get it.  :)
 Mike thought it would be hilarious to cram as many candles as he could into one of the mini-cupcakes.  Definitely a fire hazard right there. :)
 Esther helped me blow them out.  :)  There are more candles than there is cake.  :)
 Mike and Brian were playing duck duck goose with the kids and they LOVED it.  :)
 Aiden hasn't quite figured out the game and he usually runs around the circle every turn, even when he's not goosed.  :)

 Sunday was mother's day and I made my kids take a picture with me. Holding hands was their idea.  Cuties.  :)


 Esther is a ham!
 "Can you open your eyes a bit? Uh... Too much, a little too much." :) Silly girl.
 When I asked Aiden to come take a picture with me he put the box on his head and said "I'm a robot!"
 I did manage to get this one before he had a melt down.  :)
 The day of my actual birthday we went out to my go-to restaurant: Chilis.  :)  The kids loved it.
 We had the most awesome waitress who gave us a molten cake for free because I was worried about nuts in the cookie or brownie they normal serve to birthday guests (Esther might have a tree nut allergy).
That cake was gone within 3 minutes.  No joke.  :)  
Also I'd like to note that we were all wearing long sleeve shirts. It was cold!  It's really just started to warm up (and it's June!).
Mike had contacted many of my family and friends ahead of time so for the 2 or 3 weeks leading up to my birthday I had a letter each day from a loved one wishing me a happy birthday and reminiscing about some great memories I've shared with them.  It was so thoughtful of Mike to arrange it all and so great to hear from everyone.  :)
I had a great 30th birthday!  :)  Thanks for celebrating with me everyone!

No comments: