Mike and I celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary on July 18th. I wanted to do something fun that included the kids during the day, since I knew Mike and I would only have time to go out to dinner that night. And I should just mention, Mike and I did celebrate earlier in June with a 2 day get-away to Park City without the kids.
So for our anniversary we had a Spy Day. It was fun to put together. Here's some pics from the day.
Reading his mission folder and getting briefed on everyone's identity.
Trying out our disguises.
Mike was Agent Wazowski
Aiden figuring out magnifying glasses (he put the magnifying glass up to the camera right as I was clicking the photo. kinda fun picture).
Esther was Agent Boo.
Aiden was Agent Giggles.
I was Agent Sully.
There were lots of challenges we had to solve. Agent Wazowski had to use his chemical know-how to create a chemical compound that was lighter than air (mixing blue and yellow bubbles to make green bubbles).
Agent Giggles showed us how to get through the laser beams to safety.
We received several top secret envelopes with new details about our mission.
Agent Boo and Giggles tried on some new disguises.
Agent Wazowski was fingerprinting the team to make sure there were no impostors.
We had to figure out the code to the secret safe to find a clue.
The kids were dying for daddy to get home so they could go through the next challenge.
These may look like regular balloons, but they were bombs that had to be diffused. With clues inside.
There was also a big bomb too!
They had to work together to figure out what order all the letters went in and that would tell them how to diffuse the big bomb.
There was lots of giggles after they had saved the day. :)
That night Mike and I went to a local spy themed restaurant called the Safe House. I can't tell you where it is or what the passwords are to get in, but I can tell you that the food was good and it was a fun quirky place to eat. There were doors that led straight into brick walls, secret spy holes, mysteries to be solved, secret passageways and so many spy themed items that were fun to look at. I don't know if we'll go back, but it was a fun place to go with just Mike and I.
1 comment:
We love the safehouse!!
Post a Comment