This is quite possibly the world's longest post, but I'm too lazy to break it up into multiple posts. So brace yourself for lots of pictures and incredibly cute kids. :)
Every year the Milwaukee county zoo puts on some fun Halloween events that we like to go to. This year Grandma and Grandpa Larson happened to be here for the weekend of one of the events. Brian and Anna drove up for that night as well. :) Since it was an outside deal, the kids wore their jackets under their costumes.
Princess Leia with her bubble blaster. :)
Princess Leia and Luke Skywalker (obviously he needs some more training so he knows not to hold his light saber like that). :)
Cutest kids around, if I do say so myself. :)
Aiden threw on the cheesehead while he was waiting for everyone to finish getting ready. It's a pretty awesome combination. :)
Spontaneous hugging at the zoo.
1-2-3-Swing!
Esther said her princess hair was scratchy, so uncle Brian wore it for a while. :) She's got him wrapped around her little finger.
1-2-3-Swing with Grandma, Anna, and Brian
Esther was tired of walking so Mike threw her up on his shoulders and suddenly they had a whole new costume. Esther thought it was hilarious.
A couple weeks ago Esther had her first school field trip, and I got to go with her. It was a trip to a farm and picking out pumpkins. We were warned that we would go, rain or shine, and so we tried to prepare accordingly. It rained for the 3 days before the trip and was raining most of the time we were there (although the sun peeked out on our way back to the school).
Esther didn't care that it was raining and was thrilled to be riding the school bus. Let's hope she's still thrilled when she's 14. ;)
Esther loved that they painted this hay to look like a pumpkin and asked me to take a picture. We went on a tractor pulled hayride (thankfully there was a canopy to keep out some of the rain). We also went on a mini-train ride. The kids loved it and didn't really care about the rain.
Since it had been raining so much, the fields were too muddy to go pick our own pumpkins. So we went to the part of the farm where they sell their pre-selected pumpkins and chose from there. I tried to convince Esther to choose one of these nice little pumpkins (knowing I'd have to carry it back to the bus, which was parked a ways away
She did not like that idea and instead chose a much bigger pumpkin, just like the rest of her classmates. I was able to get a second pumpkin, so Aiden would have one too.
Here we are learning about pumpkins, and how certain animals survive the winter (adapting, migrating and hibernating).
We had fun at the farm!
When it came time to decorate the pumpkins, Esther insisted that we carve and paint the pumpkins. So Mike and I carved the pumpkins and the kids painted them. It turned out to be a win win for all of us. :)
"My pumpkin needs lipstick, mom."
Aiden was obviously enjoying himself. Do you see the "A" he made?
Esther's finished product.
Aiden wouldn't hold still for a picture, but here's his finished pumpkin.
Aiden was only looking at the camera for a split second, so I'm amazed I was able to get this good of a picture. :)
Aiden's all lit up (it kinda scared him).
Esther's all lit up.
Here we are at our church Halloween party. I was R2D2, Mike was Obi-Wan Kenobi, Aiden was Luke Skywalker, and Esther was Princess Leia.
Esther got to have a Halloween party at school today and I was able to go and help out. I didn't want to "dress up" per-se, but I kinda have a thing for costumes, so I threw on one of my witch hats.
Esther chose to go as Cinderella for her school party. She looked darling in this winter cloak too. :)
Here she is after school. She asked Mike to take a picture of her and posed herself. :)
Mike's school has an indoor trick-or-treating event every year, which is quite possibly my most favorite thing that the school does. All the offices decorate and pass out candy, so all we have to do is dress up and go around to all the offices. There is always more candy than we can handle and we never make it to all the offices because the kids bags get too heavy. I love that it's indoor too. This was an especially appealing feature this year because it's been raining all day long (and still is).
Princess Leia makes another appearance.
Luke Skywalker wouldn't pose alone, but was willing to hang out with his sister for a little while. His light saber is an emptied out bubble wand. It was the perfect size for him.
Here's the whole family again. All the grown ups loved the STAR WARS theme and most of the kids had no idea who we were. Our own kids haven't seen any of the movies and only know a very rough plot involving space and Darth Vader as the bad guy. Actually, Aiden called him "Darth Mater" today. I think someone needs to come up with a mash up of Darth Vader and Tow Mater (from Cars). Email it to me when you make it happen, ok people?
I had so much fun making everyone's costumes. Here's a little bit of a close up of my dress. When I wore it for the ward party, I wore the hoop skirt and petticoat, but it was hard getting through the hallways when they were crowded. So for the school trick or treating, I opted to go without the hoop skirt. :)
I made my hat too, and it had flashing LED lights in it, but they didn't really show up in the pictures. I had fun bejeweling my face. Ooo! Sparkly! :)
Here's a quick video of the flashing lights so you can appreciate the coolness. (And so I can remember it in future years) [the video is only working for me about half the time, so sorry if you're having the same issues...]
One of our friends and neighbors was also dressed up in the STAR WARS theme, so we snapped a quick pic with the kids. Yeah, 3 kids waiting to go trick or treating aren't the most patient photography subjects. :)
And here's my belly at 28 weeks. :)
I love my little princess already. :)
For dinner tonight I tried to make a Halloween Jack-O-Lantern pizza, but I should have taken a picture before baking it. The cheese made the olives slide in every direction so it looks more like a zombie pizza with it's face falling off. Which I guess is still appropriate. :)
Happy Halloween Ya'll!
No comments:
Post a Comment