5.26.2009

4th grade

When I was in fourth grade my family lived in Highland, Utah. We had some amazing neighbors, the Guymons. I practically lived over there, as did many of my siblings. I remember days filled with trampolines, water fights and the most amazing scones ever. Ahh... It was beautiful living next door to them. You can imagine my excitement when they came to my brother and sister-in-law's open house a week ago! It was wonderful catching up with these wonderful people and hearing all of the fun adventures they are undertaking.
Sister Guymon (it's still weird for me to call my parent's friends by their first names) brought me a surprise. When she was cleaning out her office, she found a folder of my writing from the 4th grade. It was hilarious to read the stories! I have never been strong at spelling, and my nine year old writing confirms that. I thought I would share some of my writing. :) Enjoy!
Apparently we had a poetry unit. Here's some of my favorites.

Summer's near.
It's almost here.
My brother says it's weird.
It's here-
A water fight!


There once was a Prince Brat
Who had a terrible hat.
He tripped on a rock
and broke his clock

That ugly, no-good Prince Brat.



There once was a prince named Horace
Who did nothing to us but bore us.

He went in a bog

and brought home a frog,

That good for nothing Prince Horace.


(apparently I had something against princes at the time...)


There once was a man who had a wig,

But it was a little bit too big.

It fell of his head

and onto his bed

Where his little pig ate his wig.



There once was a boy who had a hat
Whose brother was a little brat.

His brother gave him a kick

His dog gave him a lick,

By the way, the boy's name was Nat.



Here's some short stories.


One day I was walking by the pond and I saw a tadpole, (this was a long time ago.) and it swam in my jar I was holding in the water. (The tadpole didn't know what happened.) A fue years passed by and my tadpole turned into a frog in my jar. The frog was as small as a rock. The End.


"Thy sea gull is my freind" said Obadiah.
Rebecca lhaphed.
(I think that was supposed to be laughed)
Obadiah was not happy. Then all of the suden the sea gull came down from the sky and landed on Obadiah's hand. Obadiah was so happy he was jumping up and down. Obadiah cepted the sea gull and named him Obadian. They had fun tims and lived happaly everafter. By Robyn.


The Five Days

By Robyn Sampson


The terrible storm at sea began at night. We struggled to survive. I knew I had to do something. We were lucky we had our life savers on. I jumped into the water. I knew the little boat coulden't hold much longer. I swam as far as I could then I colapsed. I could see my family was going the other derection. But it was too late. I was too far away to swim back.


A large wave carried me to a sandy beach. I looked around and I saw four trees in the formation of a square. It was as if someone had planted them there. I saw a tree. It's stump was old. I could tell it would burn easaly. I ran up to it and touched it. It was very old. I found some dead leaves. They would burn easaly. I put the leaves around the tree's stump. I found two stickes. I rubed them together. A single fame popped up. I kept on rubbing them together. More plames came out, I droped the sticks in the fire. By this time I was hungry.

I had to find food! First I got my pocket knife (I never left home without it). I went looking for food. I ran into a hedgehog. I was very lucky I had my pocket knife. I skinned the little rascul very carefully. Then I realized the tree was burning! I wasn't bery far from the tree when it fell down. BOOM!!!! The fire was still burning so I cooked the meat on it. The rascul tased delisious.

Building a shelter was very difficult. I had to use the trees I found. I used the tree to make bords. It brocke of very easaly. I used little stickes as nails. I used my pocket knige to hammer them in. The leafs was the roof. I was very tired. I waited and waited and waited and waited and waited. By now it have been four days. The next day I looked and looked and looked and looked.


Finally I spotted an airplan! Very quickly I got my life saver and started waving it. They saw me. They landed on the water and I ran tords them. It was my mom and the rest of my family. I was safe at last.

The End.

No comments: