5.14.2009

I Wanna Sing and Dance!

A couple weeks ago we had our ward's talent show. We brought our camcorder, so ya'll can see how fun it was.
Oh and you might want to pause the music on the sidebar at the top of the blog. All of these have music you'll want to hear.
Ok so some of you know that my family used to live in New Mexico. I love dancing and I love different cultures, so I have always loved the Native American dancing. So when a brother from our ward came out in full costume to do an Aztec dance complete with live drummers, I had to get some of it on tape.


This next one is a piece that I was in. We sang the song "I Won't Say I'm in Love" from Disney's Hercules. There were a few issues with the sound, so you'll have to forgive that. If nothing else, just laugh at the fact that we're wearing togas. :)


Mike did a few group singing pieces, but the sound quality was a bit rough, so we'll just tell you that he sang Sweet Adeline and Barbara Anne. :)
Mike and I did a dance piece together. When we were living in Logan I was on a dance company and had the opportunity of taking an African dance class. When Mike agreed to do a piece with me, I thought he would enjoy doing African dancing more than modern or ballroom. :) So we worked on this piece and I must say I'm quite proud of Mike. This was his first time dancing and I think he did amazing! Grandma Cole, this dance is for you! (For those of you who don't know, my Grandma is from South Africa). Notice the kids dancing in front of the stage. Too cute. And sorry it's so long, but you gotta see the whole thing. :)

No comments: