7.30.2009

6 Months

Yup, Esther is 6 months (as of last Saturday). Where has the time gone?! Seriously, I say that every time, but time is flying by too quickly for me! Actually, I know where the time has gone. Towards my schooling. Poor Esther has been tossed around to various people's homes as I have been frantically getting schoolwork done. But least you begin fearing child neglect, I finish tomorrow, and I will resume my full mommy duties with vigor! :) I can't believe how quickly our little girl is growing up!
Sorry, this is the best picture I could get of her. She has recently insisted on sticking out her tongue all the time. Cute, but hard to get pictures and her clothes are always soaked with the amount of drool she produces.
As you can see in the above picture, Esther is sitting up like a pro now. She slumps over every now and then, but rarely has a hard crash. She kinda skipped the tripod sitting that most babies do. She has also figured out how to roll from her back to her tummy. She's getting pretty good at it too, which has her parents a little nervous. Not only do we have to be more careful about where we place her and what is nearby, but I'm worried about her sleeping now. Let me tell you why.
The other night I got up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night. I decided to peek my head in her bedroom and I found she had rolled over to her tummy and she was face down into the mattress. I freaked out and picked her up quickly. It seemed like forever before I heard her breathe. Thankfully she did and didn't seem phased at all. I spent the rest of the night getting up to check on her. It didn't help that when I told Mike about it (I had woken him up with my frequent in and out of bed) he said he had just had a dream that he was golfing with Esther and had managed to smack her in the head with a golfball. Anyways, so ever since then I've been worried about her rolling over onto her face again. Thankfully she only rolls one way, so we've been strategically placing her in her crib so it would be hard for her to roll over. However when she woke me up this morning and I went get her, her head was where her feet had been and her feet were where her head had been when I put her to bed. My theory is she had walked her feet across the bumpers to switch around. Here's a picture of her sleeping. Sorry it's blurry, but I didn't want to turn the flash on and wake her up.
Anyways, she's doing great despite her mother's paranoia. She's such a joy to be around and everyone is always telling us what a good baby she is. We would have to agree.
(Thanks again to everyone who has helped watch Esther so I could get schoolwork done.)

No comments: