This is Mike posting, bytheway. Robyn and I have been writing in our journals every day for the past few months (Grandma Smith, I think of your example occasionally as we write). I just wanted to give y'all an update of what I had to write about Esther this week. First off, she is really enjoying her new-found freedom and loves to crawl anywhere and everywhere (especially to where we don't want her crawling, like under our desks or around plugs and cords). Two days ago she pulled herself up to standing on the side of the couch, and then yesterday she climbed her little arms up my upright backpack and was standing there smiling at me with a cheesy smile, seeming to say "look at me, Dad, I'm so cute!"
So I had to pause in writing this for a half-hour or so since Esther just woke up after taking only a 20 minute nap and put her back to sleep. She is a fighter--she'll be rubbing her eyes, and crying and we know she is tired, but she'll never go down without a fight (unless she is reallytired, and then it is funny that she'll just plop her head down anywhere--in her crib, on the side of the car seat, or even or Robyn's shoulder). Luckily her fighting sleep has eased up since we've been trying a routine, even if we have to use it before naps. And she loves to sleep in the "stink-bug" position, which is funny and cute.
So that's a synopsis of what I write about in my journal when it comes to Esther. Hope it was enjoyable! Here's a picture or two!
Here we are as a family!

1 comment:
I never saw Esters fairy costume and so I have to tell you that I just looked at the pics and I think that she is the cutest fairy I have seen!
Post a Comment