1.04.2010

I've done gone and graduated!

We were able to fly back to Utah for my graduation. It was such an awesome experience! Just a little back history: the semester before we moved out to Wisconsin, Utah State University basically put my entire degree online. This was a tremendous blessing because it meant that I was able to finish my degree online rather than dealing with the hassle of transferring (which I had done once already when I transferred from BYU-Idaho to USU). With classes online I was able to take classes throughout moving three times, being pregnant and I was even in school the semester Esther was born and through her first year. I'm not going to lie, it was HARD! Just ask Mike. There were many many nights full of tears and "I can't do this!" but he hugged me and loved me and reminded me time and time again that I could do anything I set my mind to. He was smart in reminding me I was stubborn and I wasn't going to not finish just because I had a kid.
So on December 12th I donned my cap and gown and gathered with hundreds of other graduates to enjoy the pomp and circumstance of the commencement ceremonies. I actually carried Esther through part of the procession, which was great for me because she sort of represents to me why I stuck with school despite the challenges. We do things, not because they're easy, but because they're worth it. Pregnancy and delivery aren't easy, but they are totally worth it! School was not at all easy for me. I don't really enjoy school work and if it weren't for the social aspect of it, I would have given up LONG ago. But getting my degree was worth it!
Thanks to all the family and friends who have supported me through the years!
Look Ma! I've done graduated! :)

No comments: