4.20.2010

Recommendations about Nauvoo?

So after Mike takes his medical board examinations in June we are headed to Nauvoo for a little family get away. I know that I went to Nauvoo as a child, but I don't remember any of it and I've been wanting to go back for a long time.
So I was wondering if any of you who have been to Nauvoo have any recommendations about Nauvoo; where to go, where to stay, where to eat, or where not to do those things (if you've had bad experiences, we'd like to avoid them). We're planning on doing all the touristy stuff. I served my mission at a historical sight, so we're going to see all that Nauvoo has to offer in four days. :)
So now click the comments link right below and tell us about your experiences. :)

2 comments:

Jana said...

Nauvoo is wonderful! Make sure to see the temple. You can't miss it, but try to find someone to take care of Esther so you can go inside, too. We really liked both riding tours and the place where you can dress up and do pioneer stuff.

Amy said...

How fun! We stayed at the Nauvoo Family Inn and loved it. We paid a little more for a room with a kitchenette and cooked our own food and saved money in the end, plus you feel better not eating so poorly. My favorite place besides the temple is the Old Pioneer Cemetery. Such a beautiful peaceful place. And definitely go see "Rendezvous in Old Nauvoo." Those elderly missionaries are a hoot!! Have so much fun!