4.19.2010

So Blessed

About 8 months ago Mike and I decided that we were going to get our food storage in order. We did ok and got some items, but were never incredibly diligent with it. At the beginning of the year our ward did a bulk order from the cannery and we went all out, buying at least 3 months of food storage. The order has arrived and it's time to actually pay for these orders now. As we looked at our finances last week we realized that money was going to be really tight this month, but we decided that was ok and totally worth it.
Then came the surprise blessings. Today we got two checks in the mail. One was our tax refund, which was WAY more than we were counting on. Huge blessing. The second was written out to Robyn Sampson (which is my maiden name). Apparently at some point in my past I did business with a company that came under the scrutiny of the Federal Trade Commission. This company lost the lawsuit and is paying out to their former customers, which apparently I am one of. I'm not even sure what I purchased from this company, but my closest guess is a phone card. A phone card that I'm sure I used completely to call my parents who were living overseas. And now I get reimbursed $43.45 for it because the company was operating illegally. I know that's not much in the scheme of things, but it certainly helps me realize that we are being completely watched over and taken care of. :)
I love my life and family and I am so grateful for the unexpected blessings that come our way. :)

2 comments:

Jordan and Jenny Singleton said...

How sweet. I love you guys.

Bidwell said...

joe got one of those too!!! we couldn't figure out where it came from but the bank said it didn't seem suspicious