
Mike, Esther and I watched Mary Poppins last night. This is probably Mike's absolute favorite movie. :) I think he could probably quote the entire movie if he wanted to. :) Esther also loved the movie and was thoroughly enthralled by it. :)
While watching the movie, particularly the scene pictured above, I thought to myself: "Self, wouldn't it be fun to be Mary Poppins for Halloween?" The more I think about it the more I love the idea. Mike could be Bert (don't you think he'd look dashing in that striped sports coat with white slacks?), and Esther could be an adorable little penguin. :) Think about it, wouldn't it be too cute and adorable? :) I love most of Mary Poppin's outfits in the movie, but I think this scene's garden dress would be the most fun to make. :) So I went to bed last night with pleasant thoughts of Chim-Chimeney and Spoonfuls of sugar.
Then today Esther decided to take an extra long nap. Oh I love those days. :) So what did I do with my extra time? I looked at blogs. Craft blogs in particular. I can literally spend hours looking at all the different stuff people are making. Seriously, I have to really watch myself or I really do spend hours on the computer looking at blogs. Anyways, while looking at a favorite blog (www.makeit-loveit.com) I stumbled across a tutorial for this little beauty:
A cute little pettiskirt! Now I confess, I've been wanting one of these lately. Ok, two of them. One for Esther and one for me. Don't you think this would make a lovely pettiskirt to go under Mary Poppins beautiful garden dress? Obviously I'd change the color from pink to RED. And I might have to make a few changes on the sizing. ;) But how fun would that be?!
For those of you who know me well, you know that I love playing dress up, ...er.... I mean having lots of costumes for Halloween and such. :) In fact I usually have three or four different costumes every year for the Halloween season, and yes, it is a season for me. :)
I've only sewn with chiffon once before and it didn't go so well. It was purple chiffon for a bride's maid dress for my best friend's wedding. A couple days before the wedding I finished the dress. The hem was terrible and it fit poorly, but it was done (with some help from friends). Then when I went to iron it I completely singed a hole through it. Oops. So the night before the wedding I was re-sewing the dress. I had to completely replace an entire panel.
Needless to say I didn't have great luck with chiffon in the past, but it's been nearly 10 years since that fiasco, so I think I might be brave enough to try again. :) Anyone want to help me? :)
6 comments:
I'd have to lose like 50 lbs to get my waist that small. :) I'll make a few adjustments so it fits my body shape. :)
I love themed costumes for all of the family! So fun! I hope I'll get to see it!
I'm there Robyn. I'll figure out when we or I can come. I'm there for you sister.
Ok Joyelle, you're on! You've just got to be here before the last couple weeks of October. :)
Robyn I'll talk to Chris and see what I can do. I'll see if he can take a day off and have a long weekend.
Robyn, I didn't know you blogged! This is so fun! I hope you don't mind me taking a peek.You wanna know something funny? This proves this is a small world. The author of Make it-Love it is my cousin Ashley! I looked at that picture and was like that looks a lot like Elli and it was! BTW Esther diaper on the head, so cute!
Post a Comment