10.05.2008

What's in a name?

So many of you have been asking if we have names picked out for our daughter. The answer is still no, but we've found a few that are maybes. If you look in the right hand column there are a few names that are possibilities. Some of them we like better than others, and some are definitely only middle name possibilities. So what we'd like from each of you is your opinion on each of the names. Just rate the names and don't be worried about offending us because, well we won't know who voted what! Also, if you have any name suggestions (please please please) leave them as a comment on this post. :) Thanks and we love ya lots!

4 comments:

Trina said...

Picking a name for your daughter is so hard because you (Robyn) are so unique and I can just imagine you wanting something unique as well and unique names are harder to come up with. I know my next two girls will most likely be "Jade" and "Courtney" I like those a lot (your welcome to them of course). We have a neighbor girl named Adelle and she is really cute, so I'm partial to that as well. It's fairly uncommon too. It seems like lately there are a lot of Mckayla's and Mackenzie's. Anyway good luck!

Ferdinand said...

I read the first name and now all I can think of is "Dude! You're getting a Dell!" Though your daughter probably won't get any jokes about that from her peers (because none of them will have seen those commercials); she'll just get it from her uncle.
Reanna fails in my book, it just doesn't sit well with my kidneys. I know that pronounced correctly it doesn't sound like renal, but it looks like it should be pronounced that way.
And for my final number we have Mikelle, the archangel. He led the forces of good. Wait, these are girls names aren't they? I like the name, but for a boy. She'll be called Micheal far more than she'll be called Mi-kelle.
My favorites are probably Elena and Catherine. Don't take the name bashing too hard though, you need to consider the source. Love ya!

Bidwell said...

I like nicole because it's keeping it in the family since mike doesn't like our real family names...cough cough lesley =) hee hee. and seriously mike robyn has ALWAYS planned on having either or both an esther and ruth more of esther than ruth and it just seems to fit =) i real like it. my vote is not elena because i like the name elina (i don't know if that's how i would spell it) and that would just be too similar. and i'm glad you remember that we have dibs on michelle =) hee hee love ya! oh and unlike the previous sampson i DO like mikelle it's a nice name and ppl don't really mispronounce it that often. but it is similar to michelle which will inevitably be one of my kids names =) and that ain't just me talking. anyways love ya!!!

Laurie said...

These are real names of girls at one school in Utah, real spellings...Don't you like Yousif
Really there are some I really like if you like the person, you love the name!
Saba
Yousif
Ciara
Dionysios
Lillian
Sienna
Lillianna
Aaliyah
Marcial
Lyndsy
Kyra
Mercedes
Makaiah
Naomi
Sonya
Zoe
Destiny
Letisa
Daphney
Nadia
Aerianna
Emmalinna
Rozzi-Lynn
Lesdi
Isabel
Genesis
Siena
Teiasia
Neelima
Daphne
Tevya
McKell
Maxzae
Ashleigh
Rayshell
Kierra
Joslyn
Kyrinn
Lena
Khiaura
Juliette
Emerald
Natasha
Daija
Charisma
Talea
Liana
Lomora
Saqulee
Lilian
Delanie